Wednesday, November 9, 2011

MW's Scarves

Long before I became a hijabi, I wore scarves to keep my chest covered, and they had accumulated over the years. I have so many different materials, weight, length, all used for different styles.

Here is a photo of my scarves from April 2011:

I have a fair number of scarves, all different colours, however mostly plain. Since becoming a hijabi, I`ve been drawn to patterned scarves and my collection has grown even more, with gorgeous patterned scarves. My friends told me, when I do decide to become a hijabi, I wouldn`t have a problem adjusting, and they were right lol. 

[I may make a future post about my top 5 hijabs. Let me know if you would like to see that.]

Why do I love scarves?
I love the fact a scarf is versatile. It can either make an outfit more elegant and sophisticated by being tied like scarf 1, or very casual, like scarf 2. A scarf can be worn as a headwrap, like scarf 7, which is very fashionable at the moment. What's ideal for the fall ahead is wrapping it like scarf 5, and making a snood.

Before I became a hijabi I wore my scarf like scarves: 1, 2, 3, 5, 8 and 12. However, now I opt for scarf 10, but in a more contemporary way. Don`t you just love playing around and experimenting with scarves?

How do you wear your scarf? :)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment