Sunday, November 13, 2011

MW's Goodies: Elf Make Up Purchases/Review

Hi Whirllers!

So, I get an email from elf saying theres a special offer at the moment, if you spend £10+ and include a specific code, you get a £10 worth of 'Luxury Gift Set Mystery Box' plus free postage and packaging! So, I thought, yea, why not? I need new bronzer, anyway and I HATE paying for postage and packaging (lol). So, I went ahead and spent exactly £10 and this is what I got:

Massive box! Postman had to deliver it in his van as opposed to bike/on foot. I crawled back into bed with the box, which is why you can see my bedspread in the photos lol:

Whoever packed it, was having fun, it was STUFFED with bubble wrap. Kept it, might need it in the future to send goodies in the post:

These are the goodies I purchased:
Warm Bronzer - £3.50
Mineral Lipstick in Ripe Rose - £3.50
Nail Polish in Dark Red - £1.50
Nail Polish in Mod Mauve - £1.50

What I got for free in the Luxury Gift Set Mystery Box:
Beauty Book in Smokey Eye Edition - £6.00
Smudge Brush - £1.50
Nail File - £1.50
Nail Polish in Golden Goddess - £1.50

This is what the Beauty Book Smokey Eye Edition looks like! Its got one side filled with a mirror, eyeshadows, eyeliner and an applicator. Whilst on the other side are the steps on how to do a smokey eye. Quite nifty for someone who is new to eyeshadows (i.e. me)!

Here are swatches (is that the correct word to use?) for the nail polishes. The first one I tried out was 'Dark Red' and the ring finger has the polish with only one coat. So, you`ll need to wear two coats to achieve the Dark Red colour. I love elf nail polishes. They`re long lasting for the price. And, they have quite a wide choice of colours to choose from. They also have Vitamin E in them, so helps look after the nails.

This is 'Mod Mauve' on the ring finger and I absolutely LOVE this colour on my nails!! Its like a salmon colour, so its not too much in your face, which I love. You could wear this to work and it would seem like a professional colour, I think, anyway.

Here is the 'Golden Goddess' - on its own not very nice, but over nail polish it looks nice. Probably more ideal if you`re going out in the evening and wearing gold to match it. 

I actually wore this over black nail polish, and it looked great! The glitters don`t fall off easily, unless you put force on them to come off. The polish does dry with a matte effect, so it looks great! I would recommend if you ever wanted to 'dazzle' your nails, quickly and cheaply!


Here is the Mineral Lipstick in Ripe Rose. Cute packaging. Its simple. And, you can see its a nice nudey pink/red colour.


Here it is as a swatch on my hand. Its described on the website as a matte creamy deep pink, and I would say this is an accurate description of the lipstick. It was creamy and not drying on my lips. I did add vaseline over it for a slight sheen. I would probably buy different colours from this range, as I`m starting to experiment with lipsticks.

Also, the Warm Bronzer is a fav item of mine. I`m obsessed with it and its my go-to bronzer after recommendations from Lil Miss Rosh, ages ago!! Everyone should purchase it. And, at £3.50 you literally cannot go wrong with it!

So, thats my recent purchase from elf! Do you buy anything from elf? What would you recommend for my next elf shopping basket? 

xo



No comments:

Post a Comment