Sunday, September 30, 2012

MW's Fall/Winter Footwear

Hello Whirlers,

To ensure I get maximum use of my shoes/clothes, every season I choose what are the likely items I`m going to wear. I put them out, so I know what my options are every morning when I get dressed.

I have a theory that if I do this, every season, then I know I am making use of my clothes and not gathering dust in the closet. What I like to tell Mama Mango, is that I`m being economic with my clothes. Plus, its always nice to have you clothes out, so when you`re creating an outfit, its easy to see the options.

This evening I sorted out my fall/winter footwear, and I thought I would share with you:
(click photo to enlarge)



BOOTIES
Booties are PERFECT for the fall/winter where your toes will stay nice and warm! They are also all over the catwalk, so they are big this season! I have kept my open-toed booties out for a short period because I think open-toes are perfect for the transition into winter, so I think I will RINSE these booties until its too cold to wear them.

RIDING BOOTS
I adore riding boots, they are ideal for fall/winter! They go with jeans, even coloured jeans, which is ideal if you want to carry your coloured jeans over into the fall/winter. They go fabulously with midi skirts, which is perfect for a modest dresser, especially as midi skirts are all over the shop floors, so its a perfect excuse to buy midi length skirts.

OXBLOOD
Any footwear that is oxblood/maroon/burgundy - then you are SERIOUSLY on trend this fall/winter. I am absolutely obsessed with this colour and I am buying EVERYTHING that my eyes fall on in these shades - its getting ridiculous now though!

LOAFERS
These are the new ballet pumps, just much more trendy! I love them. Round up outfits so nicely and goes with EVERYTHING - I kid you not! If you prefer to wear flats to heels, then I think tan, black and oxblood hues would be ideal for this season. At least one pair would go with your outfit, you will be comfortable, and more importantly, on trend!

NEUTRALS
These types of footwear NEVER go out of fashion, simply because it is a safe option. I tend to sway to neutral footwear, when I am unsure about which shoes to wear with an outfit. I know I will feel confident in neutral because attention won`t be drawn to the shoes, so it won`t be an issue - does that make sense?

MILITARY BOOTS
I don`t really have military boots simply because its not my style and I`m 5ft, so they don`t really suit me. However, I do have these trendy/edgy/studded boots, which I feel work as a substitute and I would use these to attempt the military trend this fall/winter.

What are you wearing this fall/winter?

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment