Monday, October 8, 2012

MW's Contouring Ways

Hello Whirlers,

Today I`m going to do something different - with a completely different approach, too.

I got asked a while back on how I contour, so I thought I`d show you:
(click on photos to enlarge)

Products used:

Sleek Faceform in Dark
NARS Bronzer Blush Trio
Blush Brush - natural bristles
Kabuki Brush
Small Brush


On with the photo tutorial:


1.  In order to create the depth in your cheeks, you will need to find the darkest matte brown powder you have and with the handle of the brush, you will need to place this on your cheek to see where you want to apply the powder (photo 2).
Once you have determined this, start applying the powder. Ensure you apply it in a 'C' motion like the photo below. These are the darkest parts of your face, so you want to emphasise these.

2. It may look daunting at the moment, having two dark streaks on your face, but using the same brush apply lighter bronzer to the area marked in the photo below. I used NARS Laguna for this. I usually suck in my cheeks at this point to see that I`m applying it to the right area - apply it to the part that catches the most light when you suck in your cheeks.  Once you have done this, blend the two products together so it looks seamless. 

3. At the point, you would apply blusher to the apple of your cheeks as the photo below. I like to then blend the blusher in with the lighter bronzer to make sure there are no harsh lines. I applied NARS Orgasm for the blush - a favourite of mine.


4. This is where you highlight. As you can see from the photos above, it is all of the photos on the bottom row. You would do the upper cheek (which is just below the eyes), the T-Zone and your brow bone - the photo below shows where you should apply the highlighter. It is preferable to use a small headed brush at this point as you only want to apply a small amount. Also, as I was using NARS Albatross - you only need a little bit to go a long way, so had to be able to control it. For the T-Zone, I like to use a fatter headed brush, and I seek my kabuki brush for this part, where I lightly brush it over my forehead and down the bridge of my nose. A point to remember, never do the tip of your nose. Its also nice to apply a little bit of highlighter to the cupid bow on your lip - this is great to make your upper lip look larger! 


5. After all that is done, I like to swirl the kabuki brush all over the face to ensure it is all blended well and there are no harsh lines.

Final result:
(don`t ask what I`m doing with the brush - I can`t pose without doing something with my hands :/ )  


For the rest of my face, I used:

Foundation - Christian Dior Forever Skin in 030 Honey Beige
Concealer - MAC Studio Fix in NC42
Mascara - L`Oreal Volume Million Lashes in Extra-Black
Eyebrows - HD Brows in Dark Brown
Eyeshadow (lightly applied to lower lashline) - Urban Decay Toasted
Lips - Rimmel in 136 Ballistic

So, what do you think? Easy to follow? Should I do more of these? If you like, and have a specific request - do let me know, will try my best!

xo

P.S. Make sure to follow me on twitter, instagram, bloglovin` and facebook! I`m easy to find, just type in 'mangowhirl'!

No comments:

Post a Comment