Friday, October 12, 2012

MW goes for Afternoon Tea with her Belles

Whirlers! 

Kem cho? 

In the spirit of Chocolate Week, myself and the belles headed to Hilton Hotel, Park Lane for Chocoholic Afternoon Tea. It was a wonderful day out filled with chocolate, tea and giggles. 

Check out the photos:
(click on photos to enlarge)

Aalia beautifully modelling the menu:

Ain`t no party until there`s a frootiwhirl combo photo:

Aww the fab four!!

Aalia being anti-social- tsk:

Just to let you know, Aalia was sitting directly opposite me, hence why I have so many photos of her. I wasn`t stalking her! Next two photos are the photos we captured of each other, taking a photo of the other hah:


See how mean she is to me?? Look at the look of disgust on my face hah:

I ordered some fresh mint tea:






Frootiwhirl tea time:

The yummy sandwiches:

Photo of us all:

The yummy chocolate desserts we got:

Aalia ruining my photo:

And, then I ruin hers haha:


Would I go here again? 

Probably not - the food was really good, so this was not an issue. 
In fact, the menu choice was really good and they catered to our dietary needs very well. It was the servicing itself that I felt disappointed in. It took such a long time to get a waiters attention and there were 5+ on the restaurant floor. It seemed they were more interested in setting up tables than ensuring their current customers were happy. 
Oh, they also automatically added 12.5% gratuity to the bill! I hate this so much!! I genuinely don`t understand what gives ANYBODY the right to ASSUME they deserve EXTRA money for their servicing? The gratuity came to £22 - it was £29.50 per head. That is almost an entire seating cost - ridiculous. You guys must think I`m so stingy with my money because this isn`t the first time I`ve complained about this, but I`d been a waitress for 10 years and I worked hard for my tips. If I was tipped then I was happy that I did my job well and the customer left satisfied. None of this '12.5% Gratuity'! I could go on and on about this, but I might save that for another post. 

The restaurant itself was nice, the ambience was calming - especially with the dark wooden features and soft green interior. 

How about you guys, have you been for Afternoon Tea lately? Where would you recommend to go?

xo

P.S. Do make sure you follow/read the other bloggers...blog:

chocoholic-hijabi
frootibeauty
hommesdefemmes
hijabiwithstyle
makeupatoz

P.S. 1. You can see what I wore on the day here.

No comments:

Post a Comment