Thursday, January 10, 2013

MW's Updated Review: Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub

Hey Whirlers,

Hope you`re all well and embracing the new year with positivity! :)

I thought I would do an updated review of the Neutrogena Grapefruit Daily Scrub, because the one I did previously here, was when I first started blogging and was a little clueless on how these product reviews worked. In fact, I probably am still clueless (look at my swatches here -horrendous). 

But here goes for take two:

Product: Neutrogena Grapefruit Daily Scrub

Price Range: £4.50-ish, sometimes you get amazing 2-for-1's in Superdrug/Boots - so keep an eye out for that bargain.

What the packaging says
'helps eliminate spots and blemishes with a fresh clean feel'
Does it?
Yes, it does.  
This product contains Salicylic Acid, which is a key ingredient in anti-acne treatments because it opens clogged pores, neutralises bacteria within and prevents pores from clogging and allows new cells to grow. This is where the 'scrub' part of the product comes into action as the Acid works as an exfoliant and gets rid of the old cells. Which in effect is eliminating the spots and blemishes to leave you with a fresh face.

'An uplifting daily facial scrub for clear, fresh and healthy looking skin everyday...exfoliating micro-beads, the formula unclogs pores to clean deeply and help eliminate spots and blemishes'
Does it?
Yes, it does.
I have the tendency to be drawn to scrubs, as I feel these types of products are better to remove the dirt you build up throughout the day compared to a normal gel face wash.
This scrub is good because the exfoliant beads are actually all a consistent size which is great, in my opinion. I`ve tried other face scrubs where the beads are different sizes, so I don`t like that feeling on my face, I prefer to have a smoother consistency - if that makes sense, considering there are beads in this scrub.



'...refreshing scrub gently purifies the skin without overdrying, while a wave of pink grapefruit uplifts the senses with a burst of invigorating freshness.'
Yes, it does.
I use this product twice a day, and after I dry my face it doesn`t feel dry at all. My skin doesn`t tighten, either. And, the smell? So divine, fruity, summery and fresh. This product will waken you right up in the morning and you will go to sleep with a fresh feeling.

Why I love scrubs:
If you`re washing a plate (yes, I`m using a plate as an analogy for a face) with fairy liquid but you just use your hands and not the scouring pad - you`re only going to remove some of the dirt but if you use the scouring pad WITH the gel, you remove much more dirt, leaving your plate cleaner. The exfoliant beads in a face scrub...those are my mini scouring pads all over my face (lol). So, bearing that in mind, using the scrub on a daily basis, removing the dirt, it does leave my face feeling fresh, clean and healthy looking!

Sensitive skin:
I`m not sure how this product will be with sensitive skin, but I don`t like using harsh products on my face as I break out - I have yet to break out from this product. So, if you have sensitive skin, try it - but don`t vouch me for it!

Recommend this product
In my first review I said I would recommend this to anyone that will listen, and I still stand by that statement. It is an amazing product with amazing results. 
This type of product is fantastic for those who pick their spots and leave marks *guilty*, a week or so of using this product daily, you will notice a dramatic difference to your skin, the marks will have started to fade and you will have more of a glow on your face. 
Because of the exfoliant beads, you really do leave with a deep clean feel, which can only result in confidence ;)
I have always had positive feedback from girls who have used this product through my recommendation, which I love because I do want to share how great this product is.

There are other types of face washes in this Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Visibly Clear range, being gel face wash and a cream wash - I have tried only the gel face wash, but it isn`t nearly as good as the face scrub (think of my fairy liquid example - no scouring pad!). Although, that one is designed for more oily skin. I still think everyone should try the scrub. I have yet to try the cream wash, but I have tried other Neutrogena cream washes and they are moisturising, but this isn`t what I`m after in a face wash. I`m after a product that will get deep into my pores and remove the dirt, which I believe only a face scrub can do - so I recommend the face scrub to notice the effects. 

Another thing I love about this product is that only a little bit is required per wash, so the product lasts for months! 

Cons:
After a while of using it, I have probably been using it for a couple of years, you do become immune to the smell of the fresh grapefruit-ness. But, this isn`t too much of a big issue for myself as I`d rather have the benefits of the Salicylic Acid working on my face and removing marks! 
This range also has a moisturising cream, I did a review for that here - but, in short, its overrated.

Besides that, there aren`t many cons to this product!

Conclusion: I love this product. I go on about this product all the time. It is my beauty secret that I love to share.

BUY IT. TRY IT. LOVE IT.
And, let me know what you think about it! 

xo

P.S. I`m liking these beauty kind of posts - weather is awful at the moment so unable to do many OOTDs :( - Hope you`re liking them, as you may get more!

P.S.1. Make sure to like my Facebook Page.
P.S.2. Also, are you following this blog? If not, click here to do so.
P.S.3. I`m over on Twitter and Instagram under username @mangowhirl, so search and follow, please :)

No comments:

Post a Comment