Sunday, August 12, 2012

MW Goodies: Lucy Arts Eid Cards

Salam Whirlers!

Eid is nearly upon us, so what does that mean?? Yes, new outfits, lots of yummy desserts, Eid cards, gifts, decorations and family time. To get into the spirit, I approached Lucy Arts and ordered a few Eid cards to send to my beloveds. 

Lucy Arts is an Arabic Calligraphy business by Lucy K from London. She creates, as well as greeting cards, in my opinion, the most magnificent canvases. She is a talented young lady, who besides studying is slowly developing her business, masha`Allah.

I have yet to purchase a canvas for myself, so until then I am satisfying myself with her beautiful Eid cards, which I just had to share with you:
(click on photos to enlarge)

I adore packagings. The extra effort shows the extra mile they will go for their customer, which is exactly what Lucy did.
The Eid cards. She has plenty of different designs, but I absolutely adored the corner paisley designs.
Along with the cards, you can also order matching envelopes.



Lucy Arts business cards
I ordered these cards on a Thursday afternoon, and received them on a Saturday morning. This is amazing as I DO love a fast and efficient service! So, that was definitely a perk for me. 

Another perk for me was the price, 5 cards with envelopes came to £12.50! Can you believe it was so cheap? In total, I WILL pay £14.39 (inc. p&p). (I haven`t paid yet, but I will, Lucy!!)

The inside is left blank for you to write you own message, which is great, but it can be a small issue when you have ordered dark cards, where your normal black/blue ink won`t be visible. This means, I have to purchase a gold pen to write my Eid message in. Or, I could sew in a thin piece of white paper, add a verse from the Qur`an and write my message in normal ink. This just means, a little more work on my side, which is not a big deal, but I live in the middle of nowhere, so resources are limited. I hope there is a gold pen somewhere on the high street! But, besides this small issue, I am absolutely in love with these Eid cards!! I will order again in the future and I will have my gold pen ready!


Another issue I have just discovered, again a small issue, which can easily be resolved by Lucy. The beautiful paisley design in the top right corner would be covered by the stamp. *sadface* Why would you want to cover that?! I`m really sad that I might have to cover it, or just put the stamp next to it, but I don`t really want the Post Office people to put their horrible black stamp all over it :(
So, Lucy, if you`re reading this, maybe have the paisley designs on opposite corners? This might not be an issue for other people, but I`m seriously OCD and I`d need everything to be perfect! And, again why would you want to hide your talent on the envelope?!

If you like these Eid cards, then you will love her other projects, which you can check out on her Facebook page.

So, check it out, contact her, and be amazed by her talent, masha`Allah.

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment