Wednesday, March 14, 2012

MW's Obsession with Christian Dior at PFW


Paris Fashion Week 2012 showcased the Christian Dior Fall 2012 collection, through the designer Bill Gaytten. The collection oozed femininity, pastels, ballerina-esque styles and purples. Christian Dior is one of my favourite designers and this year they have not let me down, again. I absolutely love this collection and its something that can be easily implemented on a day-to-day basis...and, lets not forget, these trends are hijab friendly.

Here are a few snaps from the collection that caught my attention:

1. CHUNKY ANKLE STRAPPY HEELS
Images courtesy of Vogue.com
How gorgeous are these shoes?! I`m SO in love with them. The shoes have a ballerina look, with the straps and pump toes. The chunky heels is a MASSIVE trend this year and are very practical for a lady who likes to wear heels and be glamourous, as chunkier heels are easier to walk in than stiletto heels. So, if you`re on the hunt for a new pair of heels, opt for chunky heels and be ahead of the crowds and get the trend going. 

2. FULL SKIRTS               
Image courtesy of Vogue.com
Image courtesy of Vogue.com
 
Images courtesy of Vogue.com

The fuller skirt was ALL over the Chrirstian Dior catwalk, and I can see WHY! Its SO beyond beautiful and feminine. The textures are BEAUTIFUL. Notice how those ankle strap heels look like ballet shoes from the front? I think these skirts are so modest and ideal for a hijabi. Imagine, a maxi skirt, with a nice blouse tucked in and some ballet pumps and you would most definitely be hitting this trend. Obviously, we wouldn`t wear something as sheer as this, but make sure you watch out for fuller skirts on the high-street soon. 

3. SIMPLE BLAZERS NIPPED IN
Image courtesy of Vogue.com
Image courtesy of Vogue.com
Image courtesy of Vogue.com
Okay, anyone that knows me, knows I LOVE blazers. So, imagine my face when I saw blazers on the catwalk! The blazers in the collection all had simple soft cuts and were ALL nipped in with a waist belt. I think this look is easily accessible for an everyday wear, especially with a nice pleated skirt and you will most definitely look gorgeous. So, make sure you whack on a nice waist cinching belt this season to achieve this simple, yet chic look.

I also have to add, I`m loving the pastel, dusty pink, feminine colours in this collection. I love it and it is approachable, because it is subtle and will give many girls confidence to stay on trend with such a soft colour palette. 

4. PURPLES
Images courtesy of Vogue.com
Purples. Any hue of it, whether it be pastel, aubergine, violet or lavender, you will most certainly be on trend.  This colour is such a gorgeous colour and I`m currently obsessed with it, so I did a little squeal when I saw it on the catwalk. I mean, check out that middle image. How approachable is that look? And, SERIOUSLY hijab friendly! Just replace the midi skirt with a maxi skirt and you're perfect. I absolutely LOVE the aubergine jumper, I will most definitely be on the hunt for something similar.


5. NUDE AND FRESH
Image courtesy of Vogue.com
An obsession of ANY collection cannot be done without checking out the make up and hair, and Christian Dior have made it approachable with barely there, fresh faces, full eyebrows, neutral colours, side partings and low ponytails. So, if you want a new look for the year ahead. try filling in your eyebrows, looking dewy and fresh-eyed and you will most definitely be on trend.

I`m totally sold on this collection. I love everything about it and will definitely try and incorporate some of these trends into my own style as everything is approachable. So, when you`re out shopping for new clothes, think feminine, ballerina, dusty pink, purples and anything soft, and you will definitely be on trend. ;)

What do you think? Do you like anything from this collection?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment