Tuesday, January 10, 2012

MW's NARS Day and Night Palette Review

Okay, background behind this NARS palette is that, I initially ordered the 'Danmari All About Cheeks' Palette. However, due to the volume of orders for that palette, they ran out and they didn`t notify me about it until a week later. I was disappointed with this customer servicing and as an apology they sent me this complimentary gift.
Click on image to enlarge.
The colours are gorgeous, I`m not going to lie. I can totally understand why this palette, which was initially released for their 15th year anniversary is still available to purchase. 

(Image 3)
L-R TOP - ABYSSINIA - SUGARLAND - FATHOM
L-R BOTTOM - CLEO - UNDERWORLD - NIGHT BREED

Favourite colour? Sugarland. It blends SO well into the colour of my skin and looks so natural yet bronze-y. Cannot wait to experiment with this colour.
Least favourite? Cleo - not drawing to the pastel blue, if I`m honest, but thats because its quite in your face colour.
If I had to purchase a single colour? Underworld. So heavily pigmented and such a rich deep blue. Beautiful. Or, Sugarland <3

+ Pros +
+ Its in a small compact palette, so great to put into your make up bag and get out when you`re getting ready for the evening after work, which is what NARS, I`m guessing had aimed for.
+5/6 colours are approachable.
+ Packaging is adorable, but NARS always get it perfect for packaging.

- Cons -
- I don`t like Cleo.
- Not really worth £37, for a mere 6 colours, when the UD Naked Palette offers a greater variety of shades, which are amazing quality/pigmentation, etc - retailing for £35! So, for £2 less you get a much nicer palette? Much better for money's worth.

Would I purchase this once finished? Probably not, based on the price. But, if I really, really liked Sugarland or Underworld, possibly buy them as singles?

Once, I start to experiment with the colours, I`ll share with you some FOTD's so you can see what I created.

Does anybody else have this palette? What colour combinations shall I try?

xo



No comments:

Post a Comment