Thursday, January 19, 2012

MW's Make Up Storage

Whirlers, this is my current make up storage at home.


1. This is an acyrlic make up organiser. I bought this from John Lewis for £10-11 and its so handy. I put my everyday make up in here, so its close to reach and just easy to put back to keep the area tidy. 
However, this can be achieved by buying those desktop pen/notepad holders, too.

2. These are my GlossyBoxes and they`re SO handy as the quality is so good and sturdy. They also look really pretty, so ideal storage boxes. They are filled with products that do not fit into the drawers, refill products, my extensive collection of bronzers and lipglosses and nail polishes. 
I think these are a great alternative to actually purchasing storage boxes, which can cost £6 for just an empty box? 

3. My uber soft pink towel that I use to dry my brushes on, any make up mishap, gets wiped on this. Its just handy to have on hand. (Don`t worry, it gets washed regularly, too.)
Pop in Primark and pick up a small face cloth to keep on hand when you apply make up.

4. THIS IS MY BABY!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! This is an acrylic desk organiser, I think two drawers cost £10+ from MUJI and you can stack them up. (I`m going to add a few more drawers, after exams are over) I think these are so ideal for any girl who has lots of make up and loves to keep it organised. The top drawer is filled with my lip products. Second drawer is filled with bronzers and powders. Third drawer is filled with mascara's and eye shadow brushes. Fourth, is filled with my palettes. 
I couldn`t think of a cheaper alternative, to be honest as I`d been looking high and low for something like this. Can/have you think/got an alternative to purchasing these drawers?

5. This is an acrylic pencil pot, which I converted into a make up brushes pot. I think these are so handy. I bought this from Rymans Stationary Store for £6, I think? 
But, you can easily achieve this by going into a charity shop and find a nice mug/glass beaker for £1 and make that your make up brush pot. 

* This is my handy and cheap alternative to a hijab pin cushion. You know when you get a watch, there is an inside foam/cushion that holds the watch? Those are PERFECT to store your hijab pins in. Instead of spending £4-5 on a cushion, have a look in your watch box and see if there is a suitable alternative and pins can be poked into it. This idea was discovered by my best friend, so all credits go to her. <3 *

What make up storage do you guys have? Give me some inspiration.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment