Thursday, December 22, 2011

MW's 3 Ways to Wear: Black Maxi Skirt



Right, Whirlers, this is my new idea to do on my bloggywoggy...
'3 WAYS TO WEAR'

So, I`m going to start it off with a BLACK MAXI SKIRT.

(click on photo to enlarge)
Okay, every single hijabi owns one of these in their closet, so I thought this would be the easiest to start with. And, its often hard to wear a maxi skirt in the winter because it is quite a summer item, however, we can definitely incorporate it into our winter attire. The aim of this '3 WAYS TO WEAR' is so hijabi's like me can have different outfits with one item of clothing.

1. LAYERS
Shirts, jumpers, waistcoats, whatever it may be, the layering is HUGE this winter and it comes EVERY winter for me. I HATE wearing coats, so I`m always layering up to keep warm! Layers look great with maxi skirts, as it just looks so nice and casual yet easy.

However, the photo above, I think would look perfect for the office. I would team a mac over the top if it was really cold (and, to stop mum yelling at me) and the layered look would be perfecto!

I love this look this time of year, because you don`t have to buy new items, you just pile on what you already have in your closet and you will achieve this look.

White Shirt - H&M
Turquoise V-Neck Jumper - H&M
Blazer - Zara
Maxi Skirt - H&M
Shoes - M&S
Bag - ALDO

2. OVERSIZED KNITS
Definitely a favourite for this winter, and again the same as every winter. I never buy my own oversized knit, I cheat and raid my brothers or my dad's closet to get this look. This photo above is a REALLY nice cashmere jumper that I stole from my dad's. 

Make sure you team the maxi skirt with ankle boots. I`m wearing these really cool studded biker ankle boots, which unfortunately you can`t see in the photo, but I absolutely, absolutely love them and just ooooooze casual chic. Throw on a thick knitted scarf or snood and you will rock the casual look with the maxi skirt.

Jumper - Next
Snood - H&M
Maxi Skirt - H&M
Boots - New Look
Bag - ALDO

Oh, and add the satchel, which is huge this winter.

3. POP OF COLOUR/CLUTCH
I`m trying to do two trends in one here. A pop of colour is always a great thing in the winter when everything is really gloomy, this colour will just jump out. And, also, clutches are the new handbags, whether it be hugged, under the arm, held in the hand, etc etc...a clutch is huge now.

Black Vest - H&M
Blazer - H&M
Maxi Skirt - H&M
Shoes - M&S
Clutch - New Look
Accessories - Forever 21

A purple clutch with the maxi skirt, and black blazer, with a gorgeous long necklace, would be gorgeous for a night out with the ladies, or other half. 

So, this is MW's first '3 WAYS TO WEAR' - do you like it? Does it help hijabi's think of different outfits to achieve with one item? Shall I carry on doing these?

What do you think?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment