Friday, May 11, 2012

MW's 3 Ways To Wear: Safari



Hello My Beautiful Whirlers!

Hope everyone is doing well, and if you`re revising for exams, keep at it and insha`Allah your hard work will pay off :)

Anyway, on with the post!

Key trend this summer that I`m seeing everywhere is SAFARI. Think tribal prints, animal fever, deep reds, browns, beiges, mustards, anything earthy and you will be achieving in some form the safari trend.

Now, I`m not sure if anyone is aware, but I`ve stopped shopping and only buy the odd pieces here and there, so I`ve had to make do with my current wardrobe items, and surprisingly, I was able to achieve the safari trend, subtly (albeit, I was a little lazy, and I could have hunted for my wedges, tan leather bag, to make the look more rounded, but I`m sure you get the idea when you see the images).

What I love about this trend is that it is easily accessible by us, modest dressers.


1. Shirt Dress

Find any colour shirt dress that would suit the safari trend, pair with trousers and you have achieved this look. I opted for a beige shirt with satin cuffs as I thought this was probably a very safari/hunter typical colour. If you only have a white or black shirt dress, thats fine, see how I wore a brown hijab to carry on the trend? (Or, you can do what I did in No. 2) 
I matched it with cream, brown plaited, leather accesories to complete the look.


Shirt Dress: Warehouse
Trousers:  Zara
Shoes:  M&S
Accessories: H&M
Hijab:  Green St

2. Animal Print

Animal print is probably another easy option to hit this safari trend, what with animal print being on EVERY item of clothing at the moment, it won`t be too difficult to find something in the stores!!
I opted for an animal print hijab, as I see SO many hijabi`s wearing this trend, which makes it easily accessible by us girlys. It doesn`t just have to be the usual leopard print. Combining a black and white zebra print scarf with an all black or all white outfite (another big trend this summer) would look extremely chic.  
In this outfit, I matched my animal print hijab with a brown maxi dress, which I felt was a great colour to highlight safari and my trusty denim jacket to keep the look casual.


Dress: Vero Moda
Denim Jacket: Zara
Accessories: H&M

(On a side note, this is a gorgeous hijab purchased from Hijabi Threads, which is a new online hijab store and their scarves are gorgeous! There will be a post about this later.)

3. Maxi Skirt

As stated above, animal print is on EVERY SINGLE item at the moment in the store, so it wouldn`t be difficult to come across a safari inspired maxi skirt, which is great for the sisters who do only wear skirts/dresses. This outfit is definitely approachable by many hijabi's, as in the summer we do LOVE wearing our maxi skirts as its often the simplest way of being modest yet looking gorgeous!
I`ve paired this brown zebra print skirt with a dusty pink blouse, a beige oversized cocoon cardigan and a brown hijab. 


Blouse: H&M
Skirt: M&S
Cardigan: Zara
Hijab: Green St
Accessories: H&M

- Note -
Tan leather bags look BEAUTIFULLLLL with this safari trend, so make sure you dig out your tan bags and chuck it on with these outfits. Also, gold, pearls, cream, brown are wonderful colours to wear for accessories for this trend.

This is definitely a favourite trend of mine this season as it is approachable and modest friendly. 

What do you guys think? Do you have safari inspired items already lurking in your wardrobe?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment