Friday, November 15, 2013

MW's Review: Urban Decay The Vice 2 Palette

Hi Whirlers,

Today's post is on the beautiful Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette, which has come out quite recently! 

This palette is the partner in crime to the original Vice Palette, which came out around this time last year. It is now discontinued, unfortunately. I raved about the original palette in my review, however, I personally feel this second palette is much more up my street as the colours are much more subdued and more approachable by one who doesn`t have much confidence with bright colours. 

The size is exactly the same as the original and with exactly the same brush included. The packaging of the palette is much sleeker compared to last years palette, which had a more rubbery feel (like Nars packaging) and resulted in more dust/dirt attraction, resulting in less of a cleaning issue. Again, this year, they have included the faux diamond UD branding on the cover of the palette, which again could potentially cause an issue when storing away.


The colour pigmentation could cause no issue for me, as I feel Urban Decay have the best high quality eyeshadows out there (yes, I prefer them over MAC!) and I have not been left disappointed. The palette consists of a mix of mattes and shimmery shades (only 5 matte shades). The colours are long-lasting and vibrant. 


(with flash)
(without flash)
L-R: Smokeout, Lovesick, Shellshock, Coax, X-Rated
First RowFrom the first row, you can see all five shades are heavily pigmented, especially Shellshock (silver). My favourite shade from this row is Smokeout, which is a deep matte brown, and I feel it would be gorgeous for a brown smokey eye, where you don`t want to use black for the outer corner. Lovesick (black shimmer) is probably the least pigmented on this row. This is probably my least favourite row, however.

L-R: Prank, Madness, Strike, Stash, Poison
Second Row
This row is most definitely my favourite row of shades from this palette. The colours are so gorgeous, heavily pigmented and rather vibrant for such deep colours. Just look at the swatch *love*. I love how gorgeous Madness (blue) is and how Strike (gold) is the perfect shade of gold for my skintone!! And, we all know how obsessed I am with the colour khaki, so Stash was very appealing to me! And, I just love how Prank (matte navy) is so pigmented. 

L-R: Radar, Damaged, Voodoo, Betrayal, Derailed
Third Row
This is probably my third favourite row, as Damaged (green) and Radar (brown) are just so heavenly...in an earthly kind of way! This row lets me down with the purple shades, being Voodoo and Betrayal, as I don`t really wear purple eyeshadow, as I don`t have many purple clothes, so I feel I wouldn`t get much use out of those colours.

L-R: Dope, Toxic, Habit, Ambush, Rewind
Fourth Row
The final row, is my second favourite row, as there are three matte shades in this row and they`re neutral colours, which make them wearable on an everyday basis. I can`t pick a favourite from this row, but Toxic (coral shimmer) looks absolutely stunning on my skintone and I`ve been using Habit (peach matte) quite a lot lately all over the eyelid and only using a matte brown to add depth on my sockets. So, I am loving this row.

Verdict: I love this palette, much more accessible compared to Vice, as the colours are more muted. Would make a wonderful present for a girl who wants to start experimenting with eyeshadows. As the Naked Palette 3 is out in December in the UK, I would personally recommend purchasing the Vice 2 palette as it is a limited edition and the Naked Palettes are part of the permanent line.

As for price worthy? I think these palettes are most definitely always worth it. Have a look at my original post, to see how I calculated and justified my purchase....just don`t blame me when you keep buying new things!

How about you? Have you already purchased this palette? Are you lusting after it?

RRP: £42.00
(but, currently on sale in Debenhams for £37.80!)
(Urban Decay can be purchased from Debenhams and House of Fraser)

Let me know, by commenting below!

xo

P.S. I also think my swatching has improved since last year - result!

P.S.1. Make sure you catch me on all of the social media platforms out there - just search for 'mangowhirl'!



No comments:

Post a Comment