Thursday, November 22, 2012

MW's Review: Urban Decay The Vice Palette

Hello my lovelies,

How are you all? 

I was a little cheeky and purchased 'The Vice Palette' by Urban Decay, and I thought I would share photos/swatches with you:
(click on photos to enlarge)

The palette is a gorgeous purple shade, with 'UD' in a faux diamond raised kind of effect. Unlike the Naked Palette One (velvet) and Naked Palette Two (metal), The Vice Palette is made of a soft rubber texture, which is smooth to the touch. It looks very cool, although, I`m sure when it comes to putting the palette away, the raised logo will be an issue. The outer packaging was a simple cardboard box, which tried to imitate the faux diamonds effect for the 'UD' and again in the same shade of purple as the palette, itself.



The palette comes with a full size mirror, which is fantastic, as the palette is fairly large (18cm x 14cm).


In the palette, you also get a double ended brush, blending brush on one side and a crease brush on the other. It is smaller compared to the other Karma brushes that you can purchase or the ones that come with a palette, but the width is exactly the same. 



 You are greeted with 20 colours in this gorgeous palette, all of which cannot be purchased individually (as I was told by the UD sales assistant in Debenhams). The palette consists of a large spectrum of colours, where majority are shimmery, and two neutral mattes. Perfect for Asian weddings, mendhi`s, etc!


(photo without flash)

(photo with flash)


1st row: (l-r) Desperation, Muse, Jagged, Blitz, Penny Lane
2nd row: (l-r) Junkie, Chaos, Occupy, Unhinged, Black Market

These colours are absolutely gorgeous! The eyeshadows, being true to Urban Decay's reputation are highly pigmented. My favourite from the first two rows are Muse, Blitz and Junkie - amazingly pigmented. I mean, look at Muse, that was ONE swipe! Love it! Unhinged was also a highly pigmented shadow, which I cannot wait to experiment with. Chaos looks SO electric and vibrant in the palette, but it seemed a little chalky when I swatched it and needed to swipe it a few times to build up colour, which I was disappointed with. 


3rd row: (l-r) Provocateur, Rapture, Vice, Noise, Armor
4th row: (l-r) Nevermind, Echo Beach, Anonymous, Freebird, Laced

Amazing girly colours. Provocateur, Armor and Vice being my favourite from the 3rd row. Again, highly pigmented shades. Noise was also disappointing like Chaos, where I needed to swipe it a few times to build up the colour for the swatch. 
I was further disappointed with the 4th row, where they had two matte neutral shades Anonymous and Laced, which like Noise and Chaos, were very chalky and not very pigmented. This also meant having to build up the swipes simply for the swatch. Besides that, Nevermind, Echo Beach and Freebird are gorgeous neutral shades, Nevermind being my favourite. 

RRP: £42.00
(but, currently on sale in Debenhams for £37.80!)
(Urban Decay can be purchased from Debenhams and House of Fraser)


Verdict: I think this palette is most definitely worth the money, simply because an individual UD eyeshadow is £14.00, weighing at 1.5g. This palette consists of 0.8g (which is a little over half) making each individual eyeshadow a little over £7. 
If we stick to the price of £7 for each eyeshadow in the palette, then 
£7 x 20 = £140
Lets not forget the make up brush, a blending brush is £17.50 and a crease brush is £14.50, making the average between the two, £16.00. As the brush is smaller, we`ll knock off a few pounds - and I`m estimating the retail price for this brush to be £14.00. Even then, that is included into the palette price! Making the full price for the palette to be £154.00, retailing at £42.00!
Amazing, right?

Most definitely a bargain for what you`re getting (and, yes, this is how I justify my purchases haha).

Will you be buying this palette? Do you already have it? What is your favourite colour from the palette?

xo

P.S. I think I need to work on applying swatches...couldn`t do it in a straight line.

No comments:

Post a Comment